We solve your doubts
You can consult below the most frequently asked questions about rhinoplasty.
RHINOPLASTY surgery must ALWAYS be performed under the strict control of AN ANESTHESIOLOGIST during the entire duration of the PROCEDURE. The anesthesiologist must control the heart rate, respiratory function, temperature and the replacement of liquids.
RHINOPLASTY surgery lasts 2-3 hours and perform it under local anesthesia without the presence of an anesthesiologist, it is imprudent. Staying two hours without being able to move, noticing that some blood falls into the throat, and seeing a surgeon who is operating, is not pleasant. It is false that local anesthesia lacks risks. Medications used in local anesthesia can cause cardiac arrhythmias, as can the patient’s stress if awake during surgery.
It is not advisable to perform Rhinoplasty with the use of exclusive local anesthesia without the presence of an anesthesiologist. If there is not an anesthesiologist in the operating room, it is unsafe.
Dr. Casas always performs his Rhinoplasty surgeries at the San Juan De Dios de León Hospital, a hospital with all the requirements, seals of excellence and quality certificates and with the indispensable presence of his anesthesiologists. He wants to offer his patients the maximum QUALITY, SECURITY AND GUARANTEES in the whole process of his Rhinoplasty surgery. The most important thing is to inform the patient. The more the patients know about the procedure, the better they choose the surgeon.
About 70% of the inflammation after rhinoplasty surgery decreases during the first month. The remaining 30% of the swelling will take between 9 months and a year to disappear.
Men often come to the office because of a prominent nasal hump, a drooping tip, or a crooked nose due to trauma, which is more common in young men.